Horror is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Now in its seventh season, #TheWalkingDead universe is more rich and expansive than ever. But with such a long story being told it can be hard to find every piece of information needed, to help out with this, Movie Pilot has compiled all the pertinent information that you will need to go into The Walking Dead Season 7b properly prepared.
'Walking Dead' Season 7 News, Rumors & Updates
Forget about The Walking Dead, this week it was the wheeling dead! While The Walking Dead cast have been in the United Kingdom for events such as Walker Stalker Con London, Reedus and Nicotero took some time out to talk to Sky News about the series. However, once their segment was over things went a little awry.
Although the presenters were clearly expecting the live show to cut to a break, allowing Norman and Greg to walk off the stage, instead it launched straight into the weather, with the pair still in full shot! So left with no other option, the producer darted on stage to wheel the duo away out of sight. The whole thing was hilarious, but the icing on the cake was Norman Reedus throwing the weather presenter a little wave/salute:
You can check out the full segment below, which includes Greg Nicotero revealing that Andrew Lincoln, who is English, actually speaks in his southern American accent for the entirety of the filming period from April until November! Take a look:
'The Walking Dead' Season 7b Plot
Ahead of the show returning to air for, AMC have released the official synopsis for Season 7b. Take a look at what we can expect the characters to be facing and the overall theme of Season 7b, going into this next part of the Walking Dead journey:
The first half of Season 7 saw Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and the group broken by Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), forced to fall under his will and brutally convinced to live under his rules. The second half of the season will focus on preparing for war and gathering the supplies and numbers to take Negan down once and for all.
Rick’s group will find out yet again that the world isn’t what they thought it was. It’s much bigger than anything they’ve seen so far. While they have a singular purpose - to defeat Negan - it won’t come easy. More importantly, victory will require more than Alexandria. They need the numbers of the Kingdom and the Hilltop, but, similar to how Rick felt, Ezekiel (Khary Payton) and Gregory (Xander Berkeley)do not want bloodshed. To convince them otherwise will take more than speeches. The lengths Rick and the group will have to go to in order to find weapons, food and new fighters is nothing short of remarkable.
We’ll meet new survivors in incredible places. We’ll see Rick and the group tested in ways we’ve never seen before. We'll see treachery from people we trust. Rick is confident as he will see his group and many others band together with the common goal of taking down Negan. But no amount of planning will prepare the group for all-out war with Negan and his army.
What do you think? Will Season 7b be better than the first half of Season 7?
'Walking Dead' Season 7 Air Dates
Episodes for The Walking Dead Season 7 air regularly on Sundays at 9pm ET on AMC. For viewers in the UK the episodes will air 24 hours later on Fox TV UK.
'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Trailer
The official The Walking Dead Season 7 trailer premiered at San Diego Comic Con on July 22, and was split into two distinct parts. The first minute was dedicated to each of the 11 characters currently in Negan's lineup, with the remainder of the trailer focussing on other storylines and characters. The trailer also served as the introduction of "King" Ezekiel — the leader of a brand new community called the Kingdom — and his tiger, Shiva, ending a long debate over whether or not the series would include the unlikely pet.
'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Theories
The Walking Dead fans are known for their love of theories, and after Season 6 ended on a massive cliffhanger, fan theorists went absolutely insane trying to piece together the mystery of who exactly Negan killed. But, despite that mystery finally being solved there are still many others out there to keep theorists busy. Take a look at all the major currently theories for The Walking Dead below:
'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Characters
- Rick Grimes: Group leader since Season 1, Rick Grimes is not a man to be messed with.
- Carl Grimes: When the apocalypse hit Carl was just a kid, now he's a fully-fledged one-eyed badass.
- Daryl Dixon: Daryl Dixon is the redneck with a heart of gold.
- Carol Peletier: The most unlikely character to have survived, Carol's transformation in the series is impressive.
- Maggie Rhee: A tough farm girl, Maggie has only gone from strength to strength since joining the series in Season 2.
- Glenn Rhee: He started the series out as a pizza delivery driver, and after getting married and becoming a father-to-be he was brutally killed by Negan.
- Negan: The biggest villain ever to appear on the series, Negan is about to shake The Walking Dead to its core.
'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Cast
The Walking Dead Season 7 is kicking off with its biggest list of regular cast members to date: 20! Obviously that number will already be reduced following the season premiere and the reveal of Negan's victim, but for now the show has assembled a diverse and talented range of actors for the show:
- Andrew Lincoln: A mainstay since Season 1, Lincoln plays Rick Grimes.
- Norman Reedus: Another original cast member, Norman Reedus plays Daryl Dixon.
- Melissa McBride: Since Season 1 Melissa McBride has transformed the character of Carol into a badass.
- Chandler Riggs: Playing the character Carl Grimes, Chandler Riggs has basically grown up before our eyes.
- Lauren Cohan: Cohan joined the cast in Season 2, as tough farm girl Maggie Rhee (née Greene).
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan: After years of anticipation, Jeffrey Dean Morgan took on the role of Negan and appeared in the Season 6 finale.
'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Preview and Promos
Each week AMC leave us with just enough footage to get us through to the next week, proving viewers with both a 30 second preview trailer and the longer sneak peek, which is a look at a complete scene from the upcoming episode. So far for Season 7 we've seen two promos and one preview of the upcoming season, but over the course of the season plenty more will be released.
'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Deaths
As we know, barely an episode of The Walking Dead goes by without a gruesome death, and Season 7 is primed to be exactly the same. In fact, thanks to the Season 6 cliffhanger we've already been prepared for a devastating death within the first 5 minutes of the premiere episode.
'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Spoilers
Given that the TV show was first a comic book, there are plenty of spoilers that lie within the pages of the comics. From characters yet to be seen, to new communities, relationships and threats, The Walking Dead comics are worth inspecting every time new news comes up for potential hints at what's to come.
Where To Watch 'The Walking Dead' Online
With a number of streaming sites there are many places where you can watch The Walking Dead online:
- AMC: If you have a pay TV subscription you can login and watch episodes on AMC's website as they air. Normally you have four weeks to view an episode after its original air date.
- Amazon: Amazon currently has all six seasons of The Walking Dead available to watch. You can choose to buy just one episode for $2.99, or pay $41.99 for the entire season
- Netflix: Netflix doesn't have the most recent episodes of The Walking Dead, however you will find all of Seasons 1 - 6 on offer.
- Google Play: Season 1 - 6 currently available, and similar to Amazon, you can buy either a single episode or an entire season.
'The Walking Dead' spinoff
Not so much The Walking Dead spinoff as The Walking Dead's companion series, Fear the Walking Dead is currently on its second season. The series is set in the same universe as The Walking Dead, however focusses on an entirely different group of survivors and an entirely different environment (the show started out in LA before moving south to Mexico).
Not only does Fear the Walking Dead focus on a different group, but it's also in a different timeframe. While The Walking Dead started 60 days into the zombie apocalypse, when Rick woke from a coma, Fear the Walking Dead started just after Day 0, when the apocalypse was at its very beginning.
'The Walking Dead' Comic Book
Long before it was a TV series, The Walking Dead was a hit comic series! Created by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore, the series began in 2003 with Issue 1, and since then has been released at a rate of one issue per month for over 150 issues!
'The Walking Dead' Merchandise
Given that The Walking Dead is such a cultural phenomenon, it should be no surprise that there is an unlimited amount of show merchandise available for purchase. From fan art to limited-edition figurines and everything in between, there's a piece of Walking Dead merchandise for any fan.